Monday, October 19, 2009

On the Job Market

Having just sent off a bunch of applications, it seems fair to say that I'm officially on the job market. I'm planning to graduate this coming summer. Given the current market, I'm applying to all sorts of jobs - academia, labs, industry, permanent, 2-year, etc. I'd love to end up somewhere with exciting colleagues, interesting research possibilities, engaged students, and amazing things to do on the weekends... but I'm cursed with a certain dose of realism. Still, if you know how to achieve all my dreams, I'd love to hear the advice. Or, of course, if you have job tips...

(For more about who I am and what I do, see my more professional site.)

4 comments:

Erin said...

If only I had postdoc funding to help you out!

Good luck, and I hope you find something great.

sorelle said...

If only wishing made it so! Thanks. (:

Alex McFerron said...

good luck!

Jeffe said...

Good luck!

One bit of advice... Post your papers on your web site! Even the ones that haven't been published yet!