Thursday, April 30, 2009

Good Surprises

There has been a lot of good news in the news in the past month (well, if you ignore the swine flu, the economic crisis, the torture memos...). Mostly, I mean there have been a lot of surprising domestic political advances, mostly on gay rights, that make me happy enough that I can momentarily ignore that the swine flu was recently found in Maryland:

And in more local news, I received a U. Maryland dissertation fellowship for one semester of the coming year. That news came by snail mail in which I usually only receive bills...

3 comments:

Bender said...

What is a dissertation fellowship?

sorelle said...

I think the general idea is that it's a fellowship so that you can focus on your dissertation (and not on TAing, etc). In my case, it's this.

Alex McFerron said...

Still can't believe Iowa got marriage before California...