Monday, June 23, 2008

Hello

I'm currently a PhD student in Computer Science, specifically Theoretical Computer Science, specifically Computational Geometry.  I'm also female.  I also like music - making it and listening to it.  And swimming.  And hanging out with friends.  And teaching.  And reading.  And many other things that have nothing to do with computer science.  There are many other multi-dimensional people in computer science... something that I think grad school obscures.  And this will be a multi-dimensional blog.

6 comments:

Suresh said...

What ! you mean your SINGLE concern in life is not writing papers ?

:)

Welcome, Sorelle.

Erin said...

I'm glad you decided to start this blog - I can't wait to hear what comes next. =)

Glencora B said...

I'm glad to finally see a female blogger in the CS world. The only female bloggers I know in CS do so anonymously. And that you're in theory - excellent!

I'll stay tuned.

Guilherme said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Guilherme said...

Congratulations for your blog! By the way, the theory group here at UFRJ has 3 women out of 6 professors

George said...

I look forward to reading your blog. I just graduated from Swarthmore (class of 2008) as a CS major and will be attending the U of Toronto for graduate school in statistical machine learning in the fall.